Great company culture leads to excellent business. This company culture is something that many business owners pursue and openly wish for, yet it is one of the most difficult things to achieve within a company. This is because many leaders simply don’t know where to start. However, your starting point is quite simple. The foundation of your business and the starting block for company culture success are your core values .
Core Values Core values are the cornerstone upon which your business culture is built. Why? Because when used correctly, they attract the right people, select the right seats , and keep those who are wrong for your organisation at bay. Regardless of whether or not you realised it, your company already has a set of core values. Just as people have theirs, a business comes with values and expectations – the trick is learning to explain them correctly. Well-articulated understood values are those that produce results and can be coherently shared across departments. For these to work, you and your business must make them consistently evident. Step one is to identify your core values and goals; once this is done, you can set about developing a company culture.
You can build culture through your core values by:
- Being humble and confident: Don’t be confident and brash, but rather quietly comfortable with your abilities and goals for your company.
- Grow or go home: Make it obvious that you are in business to pursue success and growth.
- Do what you say: If you make promises, set goals, or reiterate a core value – stick to it. Do what you say, say what you do, and lead by example.
- Helping First: give instead of taking and commit to providing value instead of taking what you think you deserve first.
- Doing the right thing: behave as if you are under a microscope and acknowledge that trust is more valuable than profit.
Each of these things helps build a company dynamic that attracts the right people and teams to your business. If your core values and culture are in place, your clients will identify that, and it will increase a sense of trust and loyalty in your corporation. This, in turn, builds success and continues your growth.
Get Traction Build better business culture by developing and demonstrating your core values . Get in touch and discover more about how to make the most out of your business today.